pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome Home Jaycee!



We got to the hospital on Tuesday morning, December 29th at 6:00 and I was having some contractions but nothing "real". They started Pitocin about 7:00 and then Dr. Gernt came in at 8:00. I was 2cm dilated and 70% effaced, she went ahead and broke my water at this time too. They checked me again at 10:00 and I was at 4cm. By this time the contractions were getting quite intense. I asked them to get the request in for my epidural. They came in about 11:00 to start my epidural. The checked me again about 11:30, and at that point I was at 4-4 1/2cm. At 12:00 (noon) they came in and said by looking at the monitor they thought I would be almost ready. My doctor checked me and I was at 10cm, completely effaced and 0 station. I could feel nothing so the doctor said that she would let me wait a little while to see if the baby dropped a little more without me having to push her down. Dr. Gernt walked out of the room, they rolled me to my other side, and then she came back in (about a minute after she walked out) and said I need to check you again, the baby is looking like she might be ready now...and sure enough Jaycee was completely in the birth canal. They quickly got things ready and I started pushing at 12:06. I pushed through 2 contractions and Jaycee was born 3 minutes later at 12:09 p.m...weighing 8lbs 4 oz and 20 3/4 inches long.

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome delivery story!! Good thing you went in on Tuesday as scheduled, you barely got your epidural in time. You look so great, as if Jaycee was brought by the stork =) I love her pink and brown bow, girls are a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have a blog! I love it! I turned 2008 into a book from blurb.com! It was great and I plan to do it again for 2009. Hope I can keep up with you better this way! Jaycee looks precious and I know you are so thrilled to have your sweet little girl! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete