ONLY 1 MONTH until your Disney Vacation
1) Start making your packing list. You can find several on the internet, to use for ideas. Here is my list, it is a compilation of several I have seen online and then adding what we have needed in the past. You need to think about all the needs of your family.
2) Make a packing list for your bag that you will take into the park (this is on my to-do blog list)
3) If you want to do a fun countdown for the last month now is the time to start that. Our family loves counting down to our trips. This is Our 30 Day Countdown that we did before our last trip to Walt Disney World.
4) Double check that everything is planned--flights, car rental, pet sitter, resort, tickets, dining, etc.
Only 3 weeks to go, make sure that you have all the things that you are going to need for your trip....double check everything! Do you have your flight reservations? Rental car confirmation? Magical Express bag tags? Did you need to cancel any dining reservations? Did you need to make any special requests for your resort? Did you want to add PhotoPass + to your reservation? Now is the time to double check those little details, because it will be harder to fix anything that might be missing closer to your vacation.
If I have planned your trip for you then about 2-3 weeks before you travel, you will receive your packet of travel documents. In this packets you will find the confirmation for your resort, magical express tags (if flying) and a packet of Walt Disney World tips. Be looking for that in the mail.
1) Read over the tips in your packet and make note of anything mentioned in there that you didn't know or that you want to remember.
2) Download any Disney themed apps that you might want. Some of my favorites are:
We also like to load our ipods/ipads/ iphones with DIsney Games..some are free, some are a couple of dollars. My kids favorites are
3) Come up with some fun things to do that would get your family super excited for their upcoming trip.
- re-watch the WDW planning DVD
- Look at the park maps and talk about everyone's top 5 rides/attractions
- Make a list of the top 5 characters that you would like to see
- Watch Disney movies
- Decorate a pillowcase to take on the trip
- Get a new Disney stuffed animal to take with you
- ANYTHING you think of!!!
4) Disney World allows you to check-in online, 10 days before you travel. This speeds things up when you get to your resort....so take advantage of this perk!
Start packing! There are so many things you will need to remember, that getting a head start can make it easier on everyone. Allow several days to get the packing done.
The Day before you Leave- 1 Sleep
Double check everything!
- Look over your packing list and make sure you have your suitcase packed.
- Look over your backpack/park bag list make sure everything is in it.
- Make sure you have everything for traveling.
- Pack the car if you are able to do so....one less thing to do in the morning.
- Get some rest....I know it is HARD to sleep the night before going to Disney World, but you have a busy and FUN week ahead of you and that extra sleep will be helpful!
The BIG DAY IS FINALLY HERE!!
You are prepared....go and have the most MAGICAL week of your life. Make memories with those you love! When you get home, come back here and tell me if these posts helped you! I cannot wait to hear about your Magical Vacation!!
Book your next trip to any Disney Destination with me
My promise to you is to make your vacation as MAGICAL as possible for you and your family by planning your enitre trip. My personalized planning services will help you save time and money, plus get all of your questions answered--resulting in a better vacation experience for you! You benefit from my expertise inDisney Destinations! Best of all, when you book your trip with me, ALL of these planning services are FREE! Contact me today to book your trip to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruiseline, Aulani, or Adventures by Disney and take advantage of my FREE planning services!
For questions or a no-obligation quote, email Jennifer