pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

2 Months Until Disney World- Cars Themed Dinner

We are 2 MONTHS away from our Disney trip so it is time for our monthly countdown themed movie night....this month's theme?  
I love to deck out the dining room with decorations, but I don't love to spend a lot of money on these meals.  I always try to print my own decorations or use things on hand.  But while I was in the party section at Wal-Mart yesterday, I found this cool Cars decoration kit.  It was around $6 and it provided all the hanging decorations (except for the poster on the door which I borrow from my sun room AKA Disney travel agent office).  


  



My little helper :)

I started with a Cars themed Menu.  



The menu was placed at each seat on top of a Cars paper plate.  We also had cars napkins and yellow plastic forks.  


I bought a couple of cheap black plastic tablecloths and cut strips of yellow duct tape to be the lines on the road.  I left the table cloth folded so that it was long and narrow.  We used some sports cones and the Cars characters that we had on hand for the center of the table.

 


Start Your Engines with Doc's Dip Sticks

Fuel Up and Ridin' Shotgun with Luigi's Linguine topped with Tow Mater Sauce, Sally's Salad, and Rust-eze Medicated Bumpers.

 

Top off your fluids with Dinoco Oil and Fillmore's Organic Fuel

 


Our ancient stereo cabinet that sits in the corner served as our desert table.  I used some left over "road"table runner, some more cones and a homemade stop light that was supposed to serve as a bean bag toss game (we didn't get around to it)

 

We had Sarge's Survival Trail Mix (just a bag of pre-assembled at Wal-Mart)

Luigi's Casa Del La Tires

Cozy Cones of Popcorn

Stop Light M&M's

I found a lot of great ideas on Pinterest and one of my favorites was this fun blog for a Cars Themed Movie Night .  She had some great printables.  I downloaded her menu and erased her food and replaced it with mine, but the design was all hers...along with the drink labels and cute food tags.   


Next month we will be doing Cinderella!  

For a FREE no obligation quote contact me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment