pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Mission Impossible--Spy Party

My 12 year old has been obsessed with all the Spy Gear Toys that have been coming out.  He loves to play with Nerf guns and to pretend to be a spy.  So the choice for his 12th birthday (His birthday was actually back in November, but we are just now getting around to doing the party)  party was pretty easy.  He wanted a Spy party.  I really slacked this year and didn't come up with an invitation, I just sent the moms a text, which I guess could be considered very "spy". 

Prior to the party, I downloaded the app I-Nigma onto my sons ipod (AKA SpiPod).  Next, I went to the website Classtools.net and made a QR Treasure Hunt using their Generator.  The clues were then used as a part of their mission....

--PARTY TIME-- 

After the boys arrived and filled their bellies on pizza and goodies
Explosive Cheetos, Truth Serum, Spy Knots, Dynamite Fuses, Fruity Bullets, 
Mint Bombs, and Chocolate Dynamite
 

...we told them to get on their "spy gear".
  

After everyone was geared up (black beanies, glow sticks and flashlights) we had them all sit down on the couch. 

Then we played their Mission
video

As soon as the video message self destructed the agents received a message on their SpiPod that read:

"Everyone knows that a spy must be fit, training like that doesn't come in a kit. To really succeed you must train every day.  Be careful to do it in just the right way! 

Phase one of this mission is getting in shape, you're not super heros you do not wear a cape.  I-nigma's an app so open it up, when you find a clue you'll know just what to do. "

Using the I-nigma app on their SpiPod, they scanned each QR code and then the clue popped up on their SpiPod screen.

Clue 1: 
(located below the television where they watched the Mission video)
"Punching and kicking you don't want to lag. So get in some practice and hit on the bag."

Which led to the Punching Bag
 


Clue 2:  
(Taped to the top of the punching bag)
"Do 10 push-ups can you do more?  look for the next clue on the front door."

 
Clue 2:  
(Taped to the front door)
"Swinging like monkeys can always be fun.  Agent J is always up with the sun."


Which led to the garage where Agent J (AKA Dad) works out every morning.  He has some gymnastic rings that he uses, which the kids love to play on.
   

Clue 3:  
(Taped to the work out area)

The original clue had to be skipped as it was raining and the trampoline was too wet for them to go out there...but it would have said
"How high can you jump, can you touch the sky? In the backyard is a great place to try."
Instead Clue 3 said:
"Your training is over, let's see what you learned.  You have to move slowly or you could get burned. A room is closed off for agents like you.  When you walk through the door you will know just what to do."

This last clue lead them to my FAVORITE feature of the entire party...Our den had black plastic taped over the doors.  So they had to stop outside the den where they received another message on their SpiPod....
"Great job agents, you have finished your training and arrived at phase 2.  Inside this room you will need to use the skills that you just practiced.  There are three bombs that must be deactivated while inside the room.  Each bomb is crucial for your third and final phase of this mission. " 

The black plastic was pulled back to reveal......
THIS....Laser Bean obstacle course...like I said my FAVORITE part of this party.

White yarn+Black lights= AWESOME REALISTIC LOOKING BEAMS!


We told the agents that they couldn't touch more than 3 beams or they were frozen until someone would tag them and allow them to continue....this rule quickly was forgotten as we couldn't keep up with the number of times the touched the beams....but they had so much fun with this and did it over and over again.
(i took a few pictures with the flash on to show the agents going through the beams) 



After getting through the lasers and removing the bombs  (AKA Black Ballons) they had to deactivate the bombs (pop) and inside each balloon was something they needed.  
1) a Clue puzzle
2) the decoder
3) a key
The puzzle read
"You made it through, you are better than I thought.  The key may help you find the bomb that you sought."

(In hind sight this was a little too long as they were eager to get to the next phase.)

The key unlocked my sons room.  Before they went in they got a final message on their SpiPod...

"Congratulations on completing the first two phases of the mission. The third and final mission is awaiting you.  This is the most dangerous mission yet.  Inside the room you will find bombs everywhere.  Some are decoys and one is real.  Deactivate all the bombs and then you will save our agency from the terrorist  that has threatened our safety." 




The "bomb" was filled with confetti and red metallic basket filler.  When they deactivated the bomb the confetti scattered across the room. 

After the mission was over and our agency was safe once again, the birthday spy was rewarded with his birthday presents and his Bomb Cake.



This party was a lot of fun to put together....the kids had a lot of fun.  

If you would like to use any of my printables just click on the link below and it will take you to a download.  Just remember these are for PERSONAL use only...
so please do not try to sell them as your own.  

If you use any of these ideas in your party, I would love to hear about it, just leave me a comment below.  If you have a blog, feel free to link back to mine.

Book your next trip to any Disney Destination with me
at

My promise to you is to make your vacation as MAGICAL as possible for you and your family by planning your entire trip.  My personalized planning services will help you save time and money, plus get all of your questions answered--resulting in a better vacation experience for you!  You benefit from my expertise in Disney Destinations!  Best of all, when you book your trip with me, ALL of these planning services are FREE!!  Contact me today to book your trip to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruiseline, Aulani, or Adventures by Disney and take advantage of my FREE planning services!

For questions or a no-obligation quote, email Jennifer


Download food labels
 Download Truth Serum bottle labels






Book your next trip to any Disney Destination with me
at

My promise to you is to make your vacation as MAGICAL as possible for you and your family by planning your entire trip.  My personalized planning services will help you save time and money, plus get all of your questions answered--resulting in a better vacation experience for you!  You benefit from my expertise in Disney Destinations!  Best of all, when you book your trip with me, ALL of these planning services are FREE!!  Contact me today to book your trip to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruiseline, Aulani, or Adventures by Disney and take advantage of my FREE planning services!

For questions or a no-obligation quote, email Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great printable water labels! We are having a spy theme party for my son's 9th birthday. This was great inspiration. We are having a lazer maze in the hallway- not as epic as yours but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Jennifer,

    I am working on a 007 Spy Party for my daughter and have had your page bookmarked for about a year. What a wonderful party! You are truly gifted. I love the black light laser maze. Would you be willing to share your video idea with me? Is it a PowerPoint? Where can I find it?

    Thank you so much!

    Rena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rena, I am afraid I do not have the file to email, but you are welcome to use it from the blog. My husband did make the video, but we didn't hold on to it. Sorry!

      Delete