pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Magic Bands F.A.Q.


If you are looking into going to Disney World, then it is very likely that you have discovered MagicBands.  It is also equally as likely that you are confused about what MagicBands are, what they do, and what makes them so "MAGICAL".  

The magic behind MagicBands begins in your My Disney Experience Account.  When I am working with a family, the first thing I have them do after I book their Disney World vacation is to create a My Disney Experience account.  This account is the key to unlocking the magic!  

Once their account is created, I help them link in their reservation and get the planning started.  Dont' forget, that as soon as you create your account and link the reservation, you can customize your MagicBands by choosing the color and the name that you want printed on the inside of the bands.

In your My Disney Experience account, you can customize your MagicBands, book dining, buy tickets,  make fastpass+ selections, and even view photos from your Memory Maker during and after your vacation. You can also build your daily itinerary by adding reminders of things that you want to accomplish each day.  In essence it is planning central for your vacation.

°o° What are MagicBands? °o°

 MagicBands are colorful, waterproof wristbands.  About 30 days before your vacation, Disney will mail your MagicBands to you..unless you book after that time and then you will pick them up at check in.  This is important to keep in mind...if you want to choose your colors, book early. 

°o° What can I do with my MagicBand? °o°

MagicBands  make everything at Disney World so much easier.  Simply touch your MagicBand to the Mickey touch points that you will find around the Walt Disney World Resort and magic happens.  Your MagicBand can be used to:

  • Unlock the door to your room at a Disney Resort hotel.
  • Enter the theme parks and water parks (with the purchase of tickets)                       
  • Check in at FastPass+ entrances
          
  • Connect Disney PhotoPass images to your account

  • Use your dining credits for table service, quick service and snacks.
  • Charge food and merchandise purchases to you Disney Resort hotel room.
  • To access your Magical Express transportation to the resort from the airport.                                          

°o° Are MagicBands are one size fit all? °o°

MagicBands should fit most wrists.  The outside gray portion can tear off to make them fit smaller arms.   Every member of your party who have tickets will get a band (even infants on resort packages).  A lot of parents will choose to carry the band for infants since they most likely would chew on them or risk losing them.

°o° Can I customize my MagicBand? °o°

Yes, Disney sells various fobs, covers, and jewels that you can use to show your Disney Side on your magic band.  You can find these at the resort gift shop and many other stores throughout the parks.
 

I have also seen numerous ideas on Pinterest of how people have made them even more unique.  I would ere on the side of caution when decorating them.  You do not want to do anything to them that could cause them not to scan.  Just remember that the Mickey head needs to be tapped at the touch points!  If you decorate your MagicBand, I would LOVE to see what you do!!

°o° Do you have more MagicBand Questions? °o°

If you have a MagicBand question, just ask below in a comment and I will answer them as they are posted.

Be sure to click the "follow" button on the top of my page.


Book your next trip to any Disney Destination with me
at

My Promise to you is to make your vacation as Magical as possible for you and your family.  My personalized planning services will help you save time and money, plus you get all your questions answered--resulting in a better vacation experience for you!  You benefit from my expertise in Disney Destinations!  Best of all, when you book your trip with me, ALL of these planning services are FREE!  Contact me today to book your Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, or Adventures by Disney and take advantage of my FREE planning services!

For questions or a no-obligation quote, email Jennifer
















No comments:

Post a Comment