pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Be Strong and Courageous

Today's verse is one of my favorites. It's short, but powerful!


Joshua 1:9

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”


In My Words:
Have I not COMMANDED you? Be Strong, be brave. Don't be frightened; don't be discouraged (don't worry), for the Lord you God is with you everywhere you go.


My Thoughts:
I remember very vividly the time I really discovered this verse. I was beginning to feel the pressures of my Senior year. I felt the need to defend my State Title in the 880...I was worrying about that. I had decided not to run track in college...I was questioning that decision. I had decided to go to college 6 hours from home...I was questioning that decision. I was worrying about EVERYTHING! One night I was talking on the phone to my brother. It was a few days before the State Track Meet. I was so overwhelmed and I was telling him all my worries. As we talked he offered several pieces of advice (which I don't remember) and then He told me to hang up the phone, get out my Bible and read Joshua 1:9..."Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” I remember reading this verse and feeling such a sense of relief wash over me. It reminded me that I could handle anything that came my way, because God would be there. It has become one of my favorite go to verses.

God is with us ALWAYS, He never leaves us. He will help us through any storm in our life. He will lead us through any dark time. He will help us up when we fall. He will wipe away the tears. He will NEVER leave us.

6 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your studies. Always seem to read these when I need them the most. Very helpful and I appreciate your ministry!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a wonderful job! I have loved reading these as well. I have missed doing them but our ladies class is doing an indepth study right now. Can't wait to get back to these studies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zija products consist of nutritional drinks, skin care product and weightloss supplements. Has anyone tried zija weightloss supplements? Please suggest me I also want to use this product for losing weight.

    zija

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have used the weight loss products and lost 30 lbs in about 3-4 months. I took the smart mix, XMam, and the premium tea. you can check the products out on my website at
    http://jenniferhart.myzija.com/

    ReplyDelete