pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Draw Near to God...

Today's verses are some that I came across while reading one of my study books a few weeks ago. These verses are a few chapters apart, but they really made me stop and think.


James: 1:8

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Are you double minded? Do you "talk the talk" but many times fail to "walk the walk" I know that I am guilty of that at times. For example.....I find it difficult with a 15 month old baby to "find" time to spend with God in study and prayer....the reality is I have the time to do the things that I chose to do. So am I being double minded? I would say say so....I think James would say so too. When I don't take time with God, it snowballs into other parts of my life. When God is missing from my life, everything is out of sorts.


James 4:7-8
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

By being double minded and unstable we are not being the best that we can be. DRAW NEAR TO GOD!!! It's so simple...why don't we do it? I must chose to draw near to God...how much would our lives change if we made that our daily goal? What blessings would we be able to show to others....what blessings would HE show to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment