pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

March 29, 2011...In Loving Memory

After 12 years this verse still makes me smile...


Isaiah 40:31 (English Standard Version)

but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.
My Thoughts:
When we trust in our own abilities, we will become weak and weary. We will ultimately fail in everything that we try...we will fail in our problems, we will fail in our families, we will fall under the burdens of life, and we will fail in our relationship with God. We will soon see the error of our ways....why trusting in ourselves is wrong.

But this verse tells us that when we wait on the Lord we will be strengthened. When we wait on the Lord, anything is possible. When we make a conscious effort to let him lead us...He will not Fail us. When we rely on Him by Faith...He will not Fail us. When we commit ourselves to His guidance, GOD WILL NOT FAIL US!

Why did I mention 12 years? Twelve years ago today, I lost my mom to cancer. My mom was the strongest woman I know and she was so brave through her battle with cancer. But most importantly she was a woman who put her faith in God. This verse was a favorite of hers while she was fighting that terrible disease. She even had a Bible Cover with Isaiah 40:31 printed on it.

I am thankful everyday for the faith that my parents taught me. I am thankful everyday for the strength that God gives us...SO why do I smile when I read this verse? I smile because this verse makes me think of Heaven...where we won't be weary, faint, sick, hurt...I am thankful everyday for the hope we have in Heaven...where one day my family and I will be able to join my mom in worshiping our Lord for eternity....and that is definitely something worth smiling about. The thought of spending eternity worshiping my Lord is enough to make me live each day to the fullest...to live each day for God...and to train my children in His ways. The thought of spending it with my mom...is a added bonus!

In loving memory of Wanda Kernodle
November 18, 1949 - March 29, 1999

Some glad morning when this life is o'er,
I'll fly away;
To a home on God's celestial shore,
I'll fly away.

I'll fly away, Oh Glory
I'll fly away; (in the morning)
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away.

When the shadows of this life have gone,
I'll fly away;
Like a bird from prison bars has flown,
I'll fly away.
I'll fly away, Oh Glory
I'll fly away; (in the morning)
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away.

Just a few more weary days and then,
I'll fly away;
To a land where joy shall never end,
I'll fly away

I'll fly away, Oh Glory
I'll fly away; (in the morning)
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this Jennifer! Precious! I am really enjoying your blog postings...you definitely have a knack for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry still that you have to miss your mom on earth, but it's awesome that you can look forward to seeing her again someday! It's a wonderful thought. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a wonderful tribute Jennifer and your mom would be so proud of the wonderful Christian wife, mother and friend you have become. Thank goodness God leaves us with wonderful memories. It will be 29 years in June for me and there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss my father. By the way, this is the first picture I have ever seen of your mom....you have her smile!! (and so will Jaycee)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank Heather...it is a little therapeutic...lol

    Kristen, i don't know how people who don't have God make it through tough times in their lives. I cannot imagine how hard losing mom would have been if I hadn't leaned on God.

    Ellen, thanks. I agree I am glad that we have the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zija products are best for losing weight. My friend is using Zija from 4 months and he loses about 10 kg. Zija is also best skin care product.

    ReplyDelete