pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

F.R.O.G.

Last night in our Ladies Bible Class at Church, we actually discussed our verse for today:

Matthew 6:25-34
25"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.Are you not of more value than they? 27And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? 28And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34 "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.


In My Words:

Don't worry about the things in life: what you will eat, drink, or wear. There is more to life than food and clothes. Look at the birds...God feeds them. What does worrying accomplish? Why do you worry? God even clothes the lilies of the field. Even Solomon wasn't clothed as pretty as the lilies. If God takes care of the grass that will be gone tomorrow, will he not take care of you? What little faith we have. Do not worry saying, "What will we eat, drink, or wear?" Some people search after these things. God knows what we need. Seek FIRST the Kingdom of God and He will give you all the things that you need. Do not worry about tomorrow. Take it one day at a time.


My Thoughts:

These verses really "hit home" with me. I am a worrier! I worry about everything. When I became a mother that worrying was magnified a hundred times. I really do think about every situation that could possibly happen. This is a verse I should read daily...

What does worrying accomplish? Can worrying change the outcome of the situation that you find yourself in? Can worrying solve all your problems? The answer of course is NO! God tells us that if we put Him first, He will care for us. He tells us to cast all our cares on Him (I Peter 5:7).

We are NOT to worry...plain and simple. If we truly believe in God we should turn our worries over to Him. I think there is a difference in worry and concern. If I am worrying about something I find myself trying to figure out how "I" will fix the problem. If I am concerned about something I find myself turning to God to ask for "HIS" help and guidance. I think we can pray about things that we tend to worry about. God wants us to turn our worries over to Him. He wants us to trust Him enough to know that he will take those worries away. Do you remember seeing the letters F.R.O.G. on t-shirts and posters. Do you know what those letters stand for? FULLY RELY ON GOD! That's what God asks us to do. Trust Him, turn to Him, and Rely on Him. Let go and let God!


1 comment:

  1. I am so guilty of doing this. But after my accident 6 years ago I learned real quick that God is in control and not me. Sometimes I forget and need reminding....Thank you!

    ReplyDelete